creek meet up 2

History of the Stephen Lawrence site

The Stephen Lawrence Centre is on the site of the Thames Water Building which stood here form 1805.The water for the area was taken from the Ravensbourne river which fed into a reservoir which would have been where the duckpond is now.Before that it was John Evelyns water mill,one of many mills along the Ravensbourne river.